Many of you who follow the Oboedire blog are Christians in the Wesleyan tradition. As you already know, this tradition is a convergence of the Anglican, Roman, Orthodox traditions, summarized in the word “holiness.”
From time to time, I want to update you regarding the Wesleyan tradition, and do so in ways that can be formational for you.
Today, I want to point to five ministries that can deepen your faith and life in Christ. Each of the following ministries has a good website and Facebook page…
(1) A Wesleyan Accent—a multi-faceted ministry for personal, group, and congregational formation.
2) Vital Piety—a writing ministry by Dr. Kevin Watson, one of the new generation of Wesleyan scholar/leaders.
(3) Missional Wisdom Foundation—an ecumenical ministry with deep Wesleyan roots, specifically called to manifest the New Monasticism.
(4) The Anglican Digest—this resource will take you into the larger tradition that gave rise to the Wesleyan movement.
(5) The Francis Asbury Society—an ecumenical group devoted to keeping the Holiness tradition alive in our time–the biblical tradition that has given birth to these other historic ones.
I encourage you to become familiar with these ministries. They are further illustrations of God’s new Pentecost, and each can help you to resource your ministry of disciple-making.