I want to thank those of you who took the time to offer suggestions about what Oboedire might become. Whatever that means, I want it to be something you look forward to reading when a new installment hits your inbox.
I see the emergence of a “new” Oboedire as a conversation with those of you who have subscribed and/or those of you who visit the site regularly. Here’s are the suggestions that were sent…
(1) Maintain the spiritual formation purpose.
(2) Write as an elder; that’s who you are, and we need words from older adults.
(2) Continue the monthly “In-Sight” series.
(3) Highlight the new voices that are on the scene to guide us these days.
(4) Continue to provide bibliographic references and reading lists.
(5) Have a “Q&A” series, so we can ask specific questions.
(6) Maintain your prophetic writing. These are days which call for it.
Another suggestion is one I will mention separately because it would mean a new media for Oboedire: Zoom conferences and podcasts. I must say that I am not inclined to do this, but I recognize that media is moving in this direction. So, I keep the idea on the table.
Thanks again for sending your ideas. If you want to send me additional ones, or comment on any of these, send me an email at email@example.com